“Sometimes in the winds of change we find our true direction.” – Unknown
Life is funny. You think you have everything figured out, and then – pow! – you realize you don’t have a clue. The last time you heard from me on this blog I was very pregnant and anxiously awaiting the birth of my now 5-year-old son Nate. I decided to take time off and work from home. Then, I had another baby, Ginny Anne, and just kept on trucking in the freelance world. One day I woke up and thought, “I’m ready to work with an agency again!” The next thing I knew, I was heading back to Everywhere!
After departing from Everywhere, I spent a good chunk of time doing freelance social media work in and around Atlanta. I’ve worked with some great clients including a local restaurant (YUM!), several B2B clients, YWCA of Atlanta, and I am still enjoying working with the team at SaportaReport.com.
While it feels like an eternity since my last tenure here, it also feels like the blink of an eye. I’m so excited to be back as the Director of Client Relations. In light of this new job at my old stomping ground, here are 10 things that friends new and old may not know about me!
- I was born in Atlanta, but raised in Macon, Georgia. Macon is the home of Little Richard, Otis Redding, The Allman Brothers Band, and many more awesome musicians. Growing up with such a rich musical heritage heavily influenced my taste in music.
- The only sport I haven’t played recreationally is lacrosse… I am still trying to find an adult rec league to join. Soccer continues to be my favorite team sport.
- When I think about what I’d like to have for my last meal, the answer is always the same. It would have to be steak AND fettuccine alfredo. When it’s time to “Treat. Yo. Self.” those are my go-to foods.
I have two great pups named Madison and Jefferson, but they go by Maddie & Jeffy. My husband has a thing for naming animals after Founding Fathers. We thought that Jeffy was a boy until we brought her home and gave her a bath… Oops! She was stuck with the name even after we realized our mistake.
- I graduated from The University of the South, Sewanee with a Bachelor’s degree in English. It’s a gorgeous campus on the top of a mountain in Tennessee. It is also quite small in attendance. There were only approximately 1,200 students at the time I graduated.
- I love celebrity spotting although I’m terrible at any interactions with celebrities. I once terrified Matt Damon when asking for his autograph. In a super creepy way, I wished him a “happy belated birthday.”
- I can say the alphabet backwards. The kids love that one 🙂
- I’ve been a blonde, brunette, and a redhead. I still don’t know if blondes have more fun.
- I’m adopted and recently met my birth mother. She and my daughter have the same name, and I did not know that until we met after my daughter’s first birthday!
- I got my first tattoo last summer. I picked two feathers and had them done on my left shoulder. One for Ginny and one for Nate. I was brave, but it still hurt.
That’s about it for me. I look forward to working with all of our new clients and influencers and reconnecting with so many who I’ve known for almost a decade!