My name is Maya, and I’m extremely excited to start this new chapter with Everywhere Agency as an account manager! I’m eager to apply the PR and project management experience I’ve brought with me to this awesome industry.
In Everywhere Agency fashion, here are 10 fun facts about me to break the ice:
- I’ve trained in multiple dance styles since the age of 3. One of my favorite things to do after a long day is turn on my colorful LED lights (because I’m all about vibes), put on some headphones, and think of choreography concepts that I can hopefully bring to life one day.
- Seafood, daiquiris, beignets, and beads are some of the things that make up my unique hometown. If you haven’t already guessed, I’m from New Orleans! I moved to Atlanta when I was 13 years old and have resided here ever since.
- I’ve dabbled in entertainment and retail PR at different agencies as well as project management at a design firm. I firmly believe in having a variety of work experience, a wide skillset, and learning as much as possible about anything I do.
- I am a pop-culture enthusiast! I absolutely love indulging in conversation about music, movies, TV shows, your favorite celebrities, and anything from the 90s/early 2000s era because the nostalgia is real! A few of my favorite movies include: Almost Famous, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off and Good Will Hunting.
- I grew up listening to music from every decade starting from the 60s. My most-received superlative growing up was “Most Likely To Know All The Words To Your Favorite Song.” If you can convince me to go to a karaoke bar, I’ll prove it!
- My dream “odd job” would be a deejaying or fashion photography…or both – because who doesn’t love ambition? I actively research both in my spare time and love using my professional camera.
- One of my favorite quotes that I apply to both my personal and professional life is by Eleanor Roosevelt who said, “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
- Many people do not know that in my downtime, I love gaming. I own a Playstation 4 and love playing everything from indie-adventure games to first-person shooters. If you happen to share this hobby, let’s be friends and play together!
- Just about everyone I know has been to New York City, except me! I’m determined to confirm that it’s a real place sometime within the next year, and I’m sure you will know via my Instagram when I do.
- If I had any advice for my younger self or anyone else, I would say the last thing you should want to be is like everyone else, so be the truest form of yourself and carry that fearlessly, even if it scares you…or others.
I always want to be in environments where I feel like I’m constantly growing, and I know the evolving influencer industry is an opportunity to do just that!