Marquis Clarke is the girl behind Simply Clarke, a blog she started almost four years ago – fueled by her passion for writing and designing. It’s since become a creative outlet to share her perspective on marriage, life lessons, parenting, fashion, and products that she adores. You can typically find her with her iPhone in one hand and a Starbucks beverage in the other.
She’s married to the best husband in the world, Kevin Clarke, and has the cutest daughter ever, Brooke, although she admits she might be biased. She also has a little man on the way! Want to learn more? Read the fun facts about Marquis below and then head over to Simply Clarke – preferably with a cup of coffee in hand – for your daily dose.
Everywhere Society Spotlight Questionnaire
- What are you reading these days? Although I love to read, my reading list is very minimal nowadays. It consists of my devotional and other blogs. I mean, working full time, wife-ing, blogging, chasing a toddler and being pregnant is pretty time consuming.
- Tell us about your most epic childhood birthday party. They were all truly epic. My parents always had the coolest themes and most elaborate birthday cakes. Seriously, for my Barbie birthday cake, I had a cake dress made around an actual Barbie. It was so cool!
- Who’s your spirit animal? So… I saw this shirt on Pinterest and it says, “Coffee is my animal spirit.” Yep, that’s me. Give me all the coffee.
- Okay then, so who’s your doppelgänger? Ah! This is always hard, I really don’t think I look like anyone, but Carrie Underwood or Lauren Conrad are the only ones that have been mentioned.
- If you had to describe your personality with a cocktail what would it be? Why? Yikes, another hard question. I don’t drink many cocktails, but probably something like a mimosa or margarita. Classic, fresh, and always a good time.
- Shout-out to your bloggy BFF! One of my real life besties just started a blog and she is AMAZE… so you should check her out: Kaitlyn at Create The Happy.
- Confession time: Who was your first celeb crush? Think Home Improvement. Man of the House. Jonathan Taylor Thomas for sure. I eventually grew out of that phase and moved on to Chad Michael Murray.
- First album you ever owned? Spice Girls. DUH.
- Who’s your ultimate blogspiration? I absolutely adore Unveiled Wife for her marriage posts, House of Rose for lifestyle, Pink Peonies for fashion, and Kailee Wright overall.
- So, you’ve got writer’s block. Tried and true trick for getting over it? Brainstorming sesh with my hubby or a little me-time filled with Pinterest surfing or a trip to Target. Yeah, one of those.
- Top 3 pet peeves in life: My biggest pet peeve would be having to fill up my car with gas. (This is the one thing I’m a diva about, and thankfully my husband always makes sure my tank is full). Another would have to be people parking too close to my car. I mean seriously, how am I supposed to get a car seat or child back in the car? It’s not like you can move your car for more space or crawl in on the other side when you have a child in your arms. My third pet peeve is when the trash smells bad… take that outside.
- What’s your number one blogging/content creation tip? Be yourself! Share what is in your heart and what you are passionate about, people want to know YOU!
- We love working with you and hope you feel the same about us. What’s been your fave Everywhere campaign to be a part of? I loved working with Everywhere on the Carter’s PJ campaign late last year. Check it out.