Amber Dorsey the mastermind behind From Carpools to Cocktails, her blog that covers everything from the occasional DIY project, parenting tips, and relationship advice. As she puts it, she has an “immense passion for working with women and helping them find their voice and bad-assery.” That’s only one of the many reasons we love having Amber as a member of Everywhere Society. Below are a few more!
Society Spotlight Questionnaire:
- What are you reading these days? “You’re A Badass by Jen Sincero” and “You Can’t Touch My Hair: And Other Things I Still Have to Explain” by Phoebe Robinson
- Your current jam is: “Unforgettable” by French Montana and “Strip That Down” by Liam Payne (I know, I know….judge your mom.)
- Who’s your spirit animal? Chrissy Teigen. She’s just all around dope.
- Okay then, so who’s your doppelganger? Holly Robinson Peete. Strangers at the DMV have stopped me to say this.
- If you had to describe your personality with a cocktail what would it be? Frozen strawberry margarita – a little sweet with just the right amount of tang to keep things interesting.
- Confession time: Who was your first celeb crush? Larenz Tate, back in the early 90’s. I thought he was just the living end. He’s STILL fine.
- What was your first concert? How was it? Janet Jackson Rhythm Nation! It was AMAZING and kind of changed my life! It was my 6th-grade graduation present.
- What would people be most surprised to know about you? Even though I am generally the loudest person in the room, I can be very shy.
- Who’s your ultimate blogspiration? I love Hello Splendid! Her photos always show a great DIY project that I pin but don’t try. Unlikely Martha has a great mix of life and style, and Everyday Eyecandy takes such great photos and inspires me to put more thought into my own photography.
- So, you’ve got writer’s block. Tried and true trick for getting over it? Music and getting outside. Bookstores are also a great place to garner inspiration from the conversations you overhear to the titles on the shelves.
- Top 3 pet peeves in life: Not replacing the toilet paper when it’s run out, people who ask for a cocktail and don’t finish it, and people who talk with their mouths full.
- What’s your number one blogging/content creation tip? Don’t look at what everyone else is doing. Be inspired but not intimidated. Do and BE you in your voice, on your terms. THAT is what will set you apart.
- What’s been your fave Everywhere campaign to be a part of? There have been so many over the years! But one of my all-time favorites was covering the Macy’s Style of Soul Era celebrating Black History month with stylists June Ambrose and Johnetta Boone. They were amazing to listen to, and I have been a HUGE fan of both of their work, so getting to meet them was one of the best moments I’ve had at a live event! They even commented and liked photos after the event, which made it even more special!