LaTisha Guster introduced Blushing Black to the world on January 1, 2011. After years of being an avid blog reader with an appreciation for good writing and beautiful photography, LaTisha decided it was time to create a place for herself online where she could share her thoughts and feelings about fashion, beauty, lifestyle, and other topics that resonate with women everywhere.
Since then, the Atlanta-based influencer has been featured in Southern Living, collaborated with several major brands, and helped countless women be a little more fabulous.
LaTisha wears many (always fashionable) hats as a wife, mother, marketing geek, and web designer, among other things.
Everywhere Society Spotlight Questionnaire
- What are you reading these days? I’m in between finishing The Sisters are Alright: Changing the Broken Narrative of Black Women in America & starting Non-Violent Communication. I’m a little bit everywhere. When I need my fashion fix, I use my Texture app and veg out on magazines!
- Your current jam is: “She Don’t Really Care/1 Luv” by Alicia Keys.
- Tell us about your most epic childhood birthday party. OMG. So, my mom was QUEEN of throwing me a great slumber party. The best one was in ’92 when I turned 8. We had a huge slumber party at my house with a dance contest. Imagine a bunch of 8-year-olds dancing to “Daisy Dukes” by the 69 Boyz. Don’t judge me. I’m from Florida!
- Who’s your spirit animal? A black panther.
- If you had to describe your personality with a cocktail what would it be? Why? A mojito! It’s refreshing with a twist of tang, along with a bit of sweet and minty! 🙂
- The one product you absolutely cannot live without is: Burt’s Bees Lip Balm in Vanilla. I LIVE for this stuff!
- Shout-out to your bloggy BFF! Don’t have one, but I know she’s out there somewhere! Heyyyy girl!
- Confession time: Who was your first celeb crush? Oh God. Batman from Immature. Usher came next and has been ever since.
- What was your first concert? How was it? First concert ever was Usher…and from the previous question, you can imagine the complete fool I acted in the 2nd row, center stage. They filmed the whole thing, and it’s on a DVD. I lost all sense. I’d do it again in a heartbeat.
- First album you ever owned? TLC’s CrazySexyCool – CLASSIC!
- Who’s your ultimate blogspiration? Definitely Shini Park of Park & Cube. That girl’s designs skills, photography and blogging mojo are no joke! LOVE HER!
- So, you’ve got writer’s block. Tried and true trick for getting over it? I stop writing and I leave it alone. I never force it. I listen to music, engage in something fun, or I read a magazine. I always can find inspiration there!
- Top 3 pet peeves in life: 1) People who comment negatively on other people’s food. 2) People who want to talk in the morning. OMG. Shut up. I’m not alive yet. 3) Small talk or talking just to fill time. It’s so awkward to me.
- We love working with you and hope you feel the same about us. What’s been your fave Everywhere campaign to be a part of? The Rise of Sneaker Culture! So dope & so much fun!